Dr. Vikram Prabhakar has obtained his Masters (MDS) from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India.
Dr. Vikram has 20 years of experience in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. He has 16 years of full time teaching experience, which includes both graduate and postgraduate training.
He is the only OMF surgeon performing TMJ Arthroscopic surgery in UAE for management of TMJ internal derangements like lock-jaw, clicking and pain.
1) Dr. Prabhakar’s Key Areas of Interest include:
2) TMJ Surgery: Arthroscopic Management of Internal Derangements
3) Open surgical management of TMJ Ankylosis, Subluxation, disc repair
4) Maxillofacial and Oral Trauma
5) Oral Implantology and Bone Augmentation procedures including Sinus Lift
6) Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology
He has conducted and has been involved in various research projects and has presented many scientific papers. He has to his credit many clinical publications. He also keeps himself clinically updated by attending courses, conferences and workshops.
Dr. Vikram is a member of many organizations including Association of Cranio Maxillofacial Surgeons, International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, Asian Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India, Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India, Indian Dental Association and American Dental Association.
Dr. Vikram can communicate fluently in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu and Arabic.