Dr. Sarath Babu
Speciality: Cardiac Sciences
Dr. Sarath completed his MBBS from JIPMER, Pondicherry and pursued post-graduation in MD Internal Medicine at PGIMER Chandigarh. Further, he completed his Post-Doctoral (DM) Cardiology and Invasive Cardiology residency from SVIMS university India.
He worked initially as an Assistant Professor of Cardiology, later as a Interventional Cardiologist in several high volume invasive cardiac cath lab centres in Hyderabad, India.
He is a fellow of Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, USA (FSCAI) and Fellow of European Society of Cardiology (FESC) and is a member in TSCSI and Life Member in Cardiology Society of India(CSI).
He has performed more than 3000 coronary interventions and is fully trained in transradial Coronary angiograms, complex coronary intervention including rotablation, bifurcation, left main stenting, chronic total occlusions and vein graft stenting post CABG, valvuloplasties, percutaneous device closures for Structural Heart Disease. He also performs peripheral angiogram and angioplasty and right heart catheterization and interpretation. Insertion of temporary pacemaker and haemodynamic support devices (intra-aortic balloon pump, impella) for patients in cardiogenic shock, primary angioplasties for acute MI and permanent pacemaker implantations. He has interests in the management and follow up of patients with heart failure by device therapy including ICD and CRT therapies.
He is proficient in non-invasive cardiac testing such as ECG, Echocardiography (TTE,TEE), exercise, dobutamine and nuclear stress (SPECT) tests. Also he performs 3D echo and interpretation of 24 hr Holter monitoring and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring.
He is assistant editor of JICC journal and had contributed to books including “Best practices in heart failure management”, “Atherosclerosis” in the API textbook.
He has several publications including studies, articles, case presentations in Cardiology Journals.
• Assessment of mitral valve commissural morphology by transesophageal echocardiography predicts outcome after balloon mitral valvotomy
• Real-time 3d echocardiographic evaluation of iatrogenic atrial septal defects after percutaneous transluminal mitral commissurotomy
• An unusual case of native tricuspid valve endocarditis and sepsis in a child with structurally normal heart mimicking bronchopneumonia.
• Safety and Efficacy of Sirolimus-Eluting Stent in Diabetic Patients Compared with Non-Diabetic Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
• Clinical Outcomes from Unselected Real-World Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction Receiving Biodegradable Polymer Coated Sirolimus-Eluting Stents
• Single Centre Experience and Outcome of Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for Patients with ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction
• Acute coronary syndrome and primary pci in a patient of situs inversus totalis with dextrocardia
• Study of the relationship between metabolic syndrome score and angiographic severity of coronary artery disease according to the presence of diabetes.
• Multiple ruptures of left sinus of Valsalva aneurysm into main pulmonary artery
• Extremely rare ostial atresia of right coronary artery, hyper-dominant circumflex
He participated in many symposia and CME events like Euro- PCR, CSI NIC, India live and Hyderabad live, Bifurcation club of India, Cardiology update(kims), including latest in December 2018 at Singapore as a faculty panelist for Asia pacific forum on Arrhythmia and Heart failure.
Dr. Sarath speaks English, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu and Tamil.
Thank you for visiting our website!
Can you give us a minute to share your browsing experience?