Dr. Salwan, is a graduate of the Medical College of Baghdad University1990. Started his residency and postgraduate program in 1996 and earned the PhD degree/ Fellowship of the Iraqi Commission of Medical Specialization in Otolaryngology (F.I.C.M.S.), and awarded the Arab Board Certificate in Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck Surgery (CABMS). Dr Salwan is a member of the Royal College of Physician and Surgeon of Glasgow, MRCS, and a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology 2009.
He has more than 20 years post-graduation experience. Starts working in Dubai in 2002, joined many leading private hospitals, worked with NMC Specialty hospital for more than 10 years. Dr. Salwan known for his excellent interpersonal relations, rapport and sound reputation between patients and colleagues. Committed for high quality, evidence based and safe medical practice.
Dr. Salwan is a keen enthusiast in his specialty and has further enhanced his skills and techniques by completing numerous training courses in Canada, Singapore, Turkey, Spain, Oman, and the UAE.
- Everybody should be treated with respect and understanding.
- Patient education and orientation is part of the routine daily care for patients. Patient benefits from a good understanding of their condition, empowering them to take part in the decision-making process, to get the best outcome of their treatment.
Areas of interest:
- Management of nose and sinus infections, allergies, and nasal polyps
- Management of smell and taste disorders post Covid 19 infection, Smell Training & Rehabilitation
- Management of headache of different types
- Management of dizziness and imbalance, doing Particle/ Canalith Repositioning Maneuver in BPPV
- Management of snoring with a custom-made technique including medicine, injection, and surgeries
- Management of air-way, breathing difficulties, and sleep apnea
- Management of tonsil & adenoids infection /enlargement
- Management of hearing problems, ear infection, ear drum damage.
- Hearing Aids prescriptions
- Management of Pediatrics ENT problems e.g. tonsil and adenoids enlargement, recurrent airway infections, ear infection, snoring, and hearing problems
- Nose and sinus surgeries Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery FESS,
- Widening of nasal air passages, Septoplasty, Turbinate Reduction surgery, Coblation / Radiofrequency
- Pediatrics ENT Adeno-tonsillectomy , Tympanostomy +/- Grommet
- Snorning and Obstructive Sleep Apnea Surgeries, with custom-made techniques, Injection Snoroplasty, Coblation Assisted Palatoplasty, Uvuloplatopharyngoplasty UPPP
- Repair of ear drum hole, Tympanoplasty, Mastoid surgery cortical/ modified radical mastoidectomy
- All kinds of rigid and flexible upper and lower aero-digestive endoscopies
- Lymph node biopsy
- Sleep study, Polysomnography and CPAP titration
Hearing Procedures Performed
- Pure Tone Audiogram
- Tympanogram/Eustachian Tube Function Test
- Behavioral Observation Audiometry
- Speech Discrimination test
- Caloric Test
Dr. Salwan has numerous paper presentations, articles to his credit that have been published internationally. He is a key speaker in many local and international conferences.
Dr. Salwan fluently speaks Arabic and English.