Dr. Mohamed Zedan is a member of the Royal College of General Practitioners since 2017 and became a family medicine specialist in the UAE in 2021. He had been working in the UAE since 2016 as a general practitioner and family medicine doctor.
He had his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery in Faculty of Medicine from Suez Canal University, Egypt in 2008. He has also attained Saudi Medical Commission Certificate for GP in 2015 and worked in Saudi Arabia for 1 year. Dr. Mohamed Zedan’s work experience is more than 11 years in various international hospitals in the Middle East namely as a General Practitioner in Egypt, KSA and the UAE.
Dr. Mohamed Zedan’s areas of expertise are;
- Diagnosing the causes of different complaints like abdominal pain, headache, malaise, dizziness, and back pain.
- Management of various diseases in its first and second stages.
- Early detection of newly started diseases and conditions and referral to the appropriate specialty based on the results of the proper investigation.
- General medicine, Surgical, Pediatrics, Dermatological, ENT, gynecology, and obstetrics cases.
- Regular and traveling vaccines according to the common pandemics in the area of interest.
- Regular check-ups, general examination and detection of the different causes of tiredness, malaise, body, joints and muscular pain.
Dr Mohamed Zedan has many published articles, TV interviews, and radio talks, for instance;
- Al Arabia TV Channel “Al-Haj Preparation” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmBXpMRV1WE&t=82s
- Al Hurra TV Channel (2 talks) “ Autumn Diseases” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v-IPIxfFRg
- Al Rabiaa FM - “Advice to avoid health problems in Ramadan”.
- Monte Carlo Radio Talk about Hoarseness http://bit.ly/hoarsnesscauses
- Al Rabiaa FM - “Burns, Types and first aid treatment”.
- “Alkhaleej Newspaper” Preventive medicine http://bit.ly/preventivemedicinedetails
- Emaratalyoum Newspaper – Trash Bag Challenge http://bit.ly/trashbagchallenge
- Alkhaleej newspaper – Social Media ads scam http://bit.ly/socialmediaadscam
- Alroeya Newspaper – Advice to avoid heatstroke in summer http://bit.ly/avoidanceofheatstroke
- Alkhaleej Newspaper article about COVID-19 precautions during Ramadan 2021, https://bit.ly/3gPqwv0
- Hia Magazine article, Treatment options for migraine attacks during fasting, https://bit.ly/3aMsBnw
- Hia Magazine article, Migraine headache causes and how to deal with it, https://bit.ly/32WDWNI
Dr. Mohamed Zedan has contributed in more than 20 health screening programs in Sharjah and Ajman as part of the corporate social responsibility of NMC Royal Hospital which included Sharjah free zone, Sharjah Airport, Sharjah Municipality, Sharjah Main Prison, Sharjah Jubail Market, Ajman Etisalat Branch, Sharjah Public Works, Sharjah Women Day Celebration, Al Gharb Police station, Sharjah Khalid Port Customs Authority, Al Khalidya Suburbs Council and Petrofac Company.
Dr. Mohamed Zedan has attended several international conferences and seminars, the latest being
- Emirates International Gastroenterology & Hepatology Conference 2018.
- Master class in Musculoskeletal Pain Management, Baku -Azerbaijan, 27 - 30 March 2019.
- Hypertension: New insights and implications for Management, V Hotel, Dubai, 2019.
- OSCE Orientation Course January 13 – 16, 2017, at Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Agile CCSA/OSCE training course January MRCGP 2017.
- Addressing the Challenges in mild-to-moderate asthma. Sharjah, Radisson Blue Hotel, April 2019
Dr. Mohamed Zedan speaks English and Arabic.