Dr Anna Heller obtained her medical degree in Medical School at University of Barcelona, MD and had residency in University Hospital of Girona, Spain as OB & GYN Specialist. She had post-graduation externships in Maternal-Fetal Unit, Yale University New Haven Hospital, US, 2014, Maternal-Fetal Unit, Hospital Vall D`Hebron de Barcelona, Spain, 2014 and Low Genital Tract Pathology Unit, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Spain, 2104
She has a very good experience in leading Hospitals in Spain and US. She is easy and close Patient-Physician relationship and prioritises on health and wellness of patients associated with a professional and ethical practice. Her focus is on the following concerns:
- Women’s care from adolescence and pregnancy to menopause.
- Special attention to respect the choice of delivery of the patient after a personal and accurate study and counsel of each case (Natural births, normal vaginal deliveries, instrumental deliveries [vaccum, Thierry’s spatulas, forceps], cesarian).
- Diagnosis and management of most frequent gynaecological disorders like abnormal vaginal bleeding, menstrual disorders, HPV, myomas, ovarian cysts.
- Study and management of Infertility and endocrine disorders.
- Prenatal screening, diagnosis and treatment.
- Short and long term contraception counsel.
- Gynaecological surgery, including Endoscopy, Minimally invasive surgery techniques like laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.
- Screening and prevention of cervical, breast and other gynaecological cancer or diseases.
She had her specialised training and courses as follows:
- Obstetrics and Gynecological Ultrasound, by Spanish Association of Gynecology and Obstetrics (SEGO)
- Basic and Advanced Courses in Gynecological Endoscopy, by European Society of Gynecological Endoscopy (ESGE)
- Gynaecological Endocrinology and Human Reproduction, by UAB (Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona)
- Contraception course, by Catalan Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (SCOG)
- Senology and Breast Pathology Course, by Catalan Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (SCOG)
Dr Anna is well versed in English, Spanish, French and Catalan.